This site will allow you to create an account to submit your entry to the MomoCon 2017 Indie Award Showcase. In order to submit your game, payment of $75 USD will be required. You will have the option to edit your submission all the way until final judging. Final entry will be March 1st, with the 20 finalists selected and notified by April 1st.
Prior to the convention, 20 finalists will be selected from the pool of submissions. The 20 finalists will be provided with complimentary space in the MomoCon 2017 Indie Game Exhibits Area, and will then be reviewed by a group of journalists and an indie game developer, including:
- Rami Ismail, founder, Vlambeer
- Chris Carter, co-editor-in-chief, Destructoid
- Rob Manuel, editor-in-chief, Geek & Sundry
- Mike Fahey, senior reporter, Kotaku
- Russ Pitts, executive director, Take This
- Mitchell Saltzman, producer, IGN
- Chelsea Stark, editor, Polygon
Six winning entries will be chosen from the 20 finalists and announced in an awards ceremony on Saturday, May 27th. Developers of the winners will receive:
- $1,000 Prize
- 10 x 20 Exhibit Space at MomoCon 2018
- Dedicated Panel at MomoCon 2018
- Highlighted placement in a MomoCon newsletter going to tens of thousands of gamers
- Glass Trophy
Basic eligibility rules including:
- Games published by major studios (EA, Activitision, Ubisoft, etc) are not eligible to enter.
- VR games will not be able to be judged at this time.
- Games that were winners at MomoCon 2015 or 2016 Indie Award Showcase are not eligible, but finalists that did not win are welcome to enter again.
- Games must be in a playable state, and our judges must be provided access to judge them through access keys, downloadable links, or URLs where the game can be played.
- Updates will not be accepted after March 1st. Finalists will be notified by April 1st.